Support from Care About Childcare, Western Region

We want to assist your continual growth as a supervisor and teacher of young children. Our services include:

  • Grants to help you pay for initial licensing expenses and for new materials for your program.
  • Parent referrals to your home or facility.
  • Training classes that help you meet licensing requirements and give you new ideas and materials to utilize in your home or facility.
  • Newsletters full of great ideas and the latest on child care issues.
  • Lending library full of curriculum ideas, child development books, children's books, etc.

1. Decide whether to get a Family Child Care License or Residential Certificate (get Adobe Acrobat Reader).

2. Contact the Bureau of Child Care Licensing by calling toll-free 1-800-894-2588.

3. Contact our office at 1-888-344-4896. We will add your name to our newsletter list and send you important information about the Start-up Grant, New Provider Grant and the Rural Grant.

4. Attend Licensing Orientation scheduled by the licensor in your county.

5. Attend child care classes that are scheduled in your area.


CAC, Western is an agency of Five County Association of Governments. Funding comes from DWS, Office of Work & Family Life.